Sophie, a fifteen year old norwegian student, came to our school for a week. She did this because in Norway, you have to go to another country for a week or work at a job for a week; then you have to tell the teacher about your experience.
She spoke to us about her country, and some of the interesting facts she told us are:
- In the North of Norway, theres a phenomenon called “Midnight Lights”. It means that the sun is out for 24 hours in Summer. In winter, the sun doesn’t come up.
- Another phenomenon are the “Northern Lights” and they appear on dark nights from September to March.
- Norway is a wealthy country because they get lots of money from the oil exported from the Norwegian coast.
- Norwegians love to hike, and there are lots of mountains.
- The 17th of May is the national day in Norway.
- In winter there is lots of snow, polar bears and penguins.
Heres another video about Norway if you are interested: